- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Mexico
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Bars & Courts
- New Mexico, 2008
- Texas, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Valerie is a shareholder and a trial and appellate attorney who represents a variety of commercial, industrial, and transportation clients in federal and state courts in Texas and New Mexico. She handles all aspects of litigation and appeals for claims involving personal injury and wrongful death. At Rincon Law Group, Valerie leads the Federal and Appellate practice for the firm.
Valerie is a 2008 magna cum laude graduate of Tulane University Law School where she served as a member of the Tulane Environmental Law Journal and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. After graduating from Tulane University Law School in 2008, Valerie clerked for the Honorable Frank Montalvo, United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, El Paso Division, for two years. Prior to joining Rincon Law Group, P.C. in 2012, Valerie worked for the litigation section of an El Paso, Texas law firm.
Valerie is the middle of eleven children. She is married to poet and archaeologist Robert Rome. Valerie enjoys visiting historical and archaeological sites, hiking, and attempting New York Times crossword puzzles and learning Chinese.
- Marquette University, B.A. (Dual major: History, Anthropology; Minor: Theology), summa cum laude, 1999
- College of William and Mary, M.A. (Historical Anthropology with focus in Historical Archaeology, 4.0 GPA), 2003
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2008